The Anderson County Animal Holding Facility does not have regular visiting hours, but if you see an animal on our Facebook page that you would like to meet, call either of our ACACC Officers Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. to schedule a visit. Officer Porter: 865-256-0755 and Officer Miller 865-441-1281.
As authorized and established by Anderson County Resolution No. 16-06-583, citizens who wish to adopt animals that have become eligible for adoption will be charged an $85.00 adoption fee.
Under Tennessee State law, TCA § 44-17-502, spay or neuter on an animal adopted from the Anderson County Holding Facility is required. Upon proof of spay or neuter, Anderson County will REFUND $60.00 to the adopter.
ACACC makes every effort to place adoptable pets in homes, or help transfer them to partner rescue organizations. We are thankful for the support we receive from local and regional rescues pulling our animals, and we are always looking to cultivate additional partnerships to find homes for adoptable pets.
Below is a list of a few of our registered non-profit Partners:
- American Black and Tan Coonhound Rescue
- Better Animal Rescue Knoxville Area
- Clinton Animal Hospital
- East Tennessee Boxer Rescue
- Feral Feline Friends of East Tennessee
- Happy Paws Kitten Rescue
- Humane Society of Tennessee Valley
- Middle Tennessee Boxer Rescue
- Rescues for JoJo
- Shelter Animal Rescue Group
- Secret City Animal Rescue
- Sophia’s Grace Foundation
- Stray Connection
- Sweetwater Valley Dog Rescue
- Tennessee Animal Guardian Society
- Tennessee Border Collie Rescue
- Tennessee Pekingese Rescue
- The Stray Connection
Before being adopted, all dogs are vaccinated, receive deworming and Bordetella medication, and are tested for heartworm. Currently, we do not provide any testing or vaccination for the cats and we are working to accomplish this on our list of goals. All animals adopted or transferred to a partner rescue must be spayed or neutered.